About /


Investment Research Associate

Temporary, Full-Time Position for a Two-Year Term

Location:  Boston, MA & Hybrid

Howland Capital is seeking a motivated individual to join an inclusive, energized workplace as an investment research associate.  This position is designed to provide a head start to a new or recent graduate with a desire to enter the investment advisory business.  At the end of their two-year term, the individual will emerge with the tools, experience, and resume to seek permanent employment.

Howland Capital Management is committed to recruiting, hiring, developing and promoting financial services professionals and other employees without regard to age, race, color, religion, sex, national origin, military and protected veteran status, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, transgender status, or disability. As a company, we value the contributions of all employees and do not tolerate harassment or discrimination of any type.

Primary Responsibilities

  • Support a team of nine portfolio managers.
  • Develop a generalist approach with a primary focus on U.S. Equities. Other areas of focus to include International Equities, Fixed Income, Mutual Funds & ETFs, and Other / Alternatives / Private Equity.
  • Source investment ideas and assist others in the research of current and prospective portfolio holdings.
  • Prepare and deliver written presentations and recommendations to the firm’s Investment Committee.
  • Explore implementation of quantitative methods into research process.
  • 80%+ time supporting our investment research process and/or client-centric investment questions/issues. The remaining 20% may be more project-based in nature (e.g. firm compliance, management reports) that contribute to the overall business.


Skills & Requirements

  • Bachelor’s degree from an accredited four-year institution.
  • Demonstrated passion for investing and interest in capital markets.
  • Excellent data evaluation, research, writing, and presentation skills.
  • Ability to quickly learn research systems and databases (e.g. FactSet, Tamarac).
  • Proficient in Excel.
  • Excellent information gathering skills.
  • Attention to detail and strong organizational skills.
  • Responsive to team members.
  • Pursuit of the CFA designation is a plus but is not required.

Investment Research Associate

Full-time Position for a Two-Year Term

Max. file size: 100 MB.

Up Next