This position provides operational support to the firm and clients. The operations specialist is responsible for the overall maintenance and reporting of client accounts. This person must possess excellent analytical and problem solving skills as well as the ability to think creatively and shift gears in a fast paced, demanding environment. This role requires interaction with all departments and levels of management.
• Daily cash and security reconciliation and reporting
• Research transaction and position discrepancies between HCM and custodian
• Fee bill processing and recon of payments received
• Compliance review checks
• Review and close out tasks in CRM
• Account maintenance
• Assisting in establishing and maintaining departmental policies and procedures
• Set up new securities on our systems and ensure proper classification and prices are applied on the Reporting and Trading systems
• Information gathering for vendors, such as in cases for litigation
• Trade order entry, execution, and reconciliation of equity, fixed income and mutual fund securities
• Review and handle problems related to trade processing, income collection, corporate action processing, etc.
• Maintain working relationships with other internal groups including Client Service teams and Investment Managers to troubleshoot and resolve issues in client accounts
• Other responsibilities as determined by the group manager including special projects
• Recent college graduate, preferably in Business/Finance/Accounting.
• A basic understanding of portfolio accounting & investment process.
• Interest and desire to understand technology related issues, tasks and responsibilities. Participate on technology initiatives.
• Computer literate; moderate to strong Microsoft Office skills, desire to learn new database systems.
• Excellent attention to detail a must.
• Problem solving and analytical skills. Must trouble shoot one-off problems and investigate issues using non-standard sources and procedures.
• Willingness to learn about investment management from the operational level and apply that knowledge daily. Familiarity with characteristics of municipal bonds, corporate bonds, and mortgage backed securities and equities a plus.
• Engaged, motivated, inquisitive, accountable, service oriented team player.
• Ability to prioritize responsibilities and multi task to ensure completion of work and resolution of day to day issues within the established timeframes.
• Experience 0 to 2 years of industry experience.
Apply: Operations Specialist