Senior Research Associate
The Senior Research Associate (“SRA”) position is a generalist position in a $2.5 billion registered investment advisor serving high net worth individuals, families and charities. The position is an integral part of the Portfolio Management and Investment Committee and reports directly to the CIO of the firm. Given the right skills this position would eventually evolve into working directly with clients and managing their financial affairs.
- Assist in the research, development, and execution of investment themes.
- Conduct security-specific primary research and investigate economic and market topics of importance to the firm’s investments. Be able to distill actionable recommendations and key highlights from financial statements and other data sources.
- Source investment ideas primarily in U.S. Equities, but also across major asset classes (International, Fixed Income, Alternatives/Other)
- Conduct industry and competitive analyses using established frameworks.
- Participate as an active member of the Investment and Portfolio Management Committee.
Required Skills and Qualifications
- The ideal candidate is a confident, hardworking, collaborative individual who is passionate about investing and the markets.
- Five to six years of direct industry experience in a Private Bank, Asset Manager, or RIA in a similar role.
- Bachelors Degree from an accredited four year institution. MBA and/or CFA designation is required.
- Additional requirements include a solid knowledge of Microsoft Office, especially Excel. Factset experience is a plus.
- Must be a highly organized and detail-oriented person with excellent writing skills. The successful candidate will possess strong verbal skills that clearly and succinctly convey ideas and information.
Howland Capital Management LLC is committed to diverse workplace where all employees’ abilities and energies are fully utilized. We believe diversity is critical in building a high-performance culture that benefits from a range of viewpoints that this diverse environment engenders. Howland Capital Management LLC. is an Equal Opportunity Employer.
Apply: Senior Research Associate