Howland Capital Management is looking for you. We are seeking an experienced, motivated Tax
Senior to join an inclusive, energized workplace that many agree feels much like an extended family.
This position provides tax support to the firm and our clients. The Tax Senior is responsible for
providing tax advice and preparing tax returns for individuals and fiduciaries as well as partnerships,
corporations and private foundations. The ideal professional for this role must possess exceptional
communication, evaluation and problem-solving skills as well as the ability to think creatively and
pivot adeptly as necessary in a fast paced, demanding environment. This role requires interaction
with all departments and levels of management.
- Participates with tax and investment managers, clients and attorneys in the income tax
- Prepares and reviews tax returns including 1040 and 1041 forms
- Prepares and reviews tax returns including 990PF, 1065 and 1120 forms
- Consults with company personnel and clients regarding tax matters
- Corresponds with tax authorities to resolve notices
- Prepares projections of tax liabilities
- Reviews declarations of estimated tax
- Interfaces with Operations Department to reconcile tax payments
- Assist with special projects as directed
- Bachelor’s degree and 3-4 years prior related industry experience
- CPA designation or Enrolled Agent
- An understanding of portfolio accounting and investment process
- Able to work under tight deadlines and multitask
- Ability to work independently and collaboratively
- Demonstrates organizational skills with great attention to detail
- High energy individual with flexibility and ability to respond skillfully under pressure
- Proficiency in MS Office products is required (Word, Outlook, Excel)
- Prior experience in any of the following services is desired: Finance services firm, accounting, paralegal or customer service
- Howland Capital will train the right candidate on all of our software systems, however experience with any of the following is a plus: CCH Axcess, Sureprep, Sungard Addvantage, Tamarac, Microsoft Dynamics CRM
- Assist with special projects as needed
- Assist with establishing and maintaining departmental policies and procedures
- Howland Capital Management offers a competitive compensation and benefits package,
including health care, dental, long- and short-term disability, profit sharing plan, 401k
matching program, firm paid commuter benefit and tuition assistance.
- We have a flexible work environment with ability to work remotely for some portion of the
- We have no billable hour requirement.
- Howland Capital Management is an equal opportunity employer.
Howland Capital Management is committed to recruiting, hiring, developing and promoting financial
services professionals and other employees without regard to age, race, color, religion, sex, national
origin, military and protected veteran status, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression,
transgender status, or disability. As a company, we value contributions of all employees, and do not
tolerate harassment or discrimination of any type.
Apply: Tax Senior